Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hello world

This project has been a long time coming; ever since I initially approached microbio faulty about it last Spring semester. Along the way, I've encountered nothing but great enthusiasm and excitement about the prospect of being involved in such a cool competition.

I'm now starting this blog as a way to track the progress of the UMass iGEM team as we start publicizing the effort to form a team, recruiting members, and finding funding.

I will be giving presentations about iGEM, hopefully to higher level science classes, where the professor allows. I will keep them brief out of respect for the professor's time, and/or perhaps talk prior to the class start time. Hopefully my enthusiasm for synthetic biology will be infectious and will generate a lot of interest in the UMass iGEM team.

No comments:

Post a Comment